HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
It is the policy of the company to carry out all its operations in such a way as to guarantee the health and safety of all its employees.
To this end, our policy shall be to:
1. Eliminate all forms of hazards in and around work areas.
2. Provide all personnel with adequate Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) suitable for the work they are performing. The use of these shall be properly monitored and encouraged through education.
3. Properly maintain machines and equipment. All machines with rotating parts shall be adequately fenced off
4. Ensure that all employees have access to First-Aid resources in the company, as well as the company’s clinic.
5. Discourage the use of performance enhancement drugs and self medication amongst all employees.
6. Train and re-train the company’s First Aiders on regular basis.
7. Prior to employing any worker, ensure that each employee is tested for medical fitness.
8. Investigate all operational accidents promptly in order to reveal immediate and remote causes and identify ways to prevent re-occurrence.
9. Recognize personnel excellence in Health and Safety through periodic awards show discontentment to attitudes capable of hampering health and safety efforts.
COMMUNITY AFFAIRS POLICY
Tredin Technologies Ltd shall continue to identity with the needs and aspiration of its client and host communities in the execution of its operations.
THE COMPANY believes that it cannot operate in isolation and therefore shall liaise with client, host communities, relevant government departments etc. in order to ensure a safe and peaceful working atmosphere.
Tredin Technologies Ltd shall co-operate will indigenous communities around its work areas.
We shall also ensure the building and sustenance of solid harmonious, relationship with client host communities, and shall exhaust every known peaceful strategy to resolve conflict in case of any disagreement.
Tredin Technologies Ltd shall opt for established procedures to deal with community and other forms of unrest in the execution of its tasks. Every Project manager and SAFETY department should be guided accordingly.
At all times, the company shall continue to be guided on matters affecting the environment in which it operates. Specifically, our policy shall be to:
1. Ensure that human wastes generated in and around work areas are adequately disposed according to client and statutory standards.
2. Ensure that industrial waste such as oil, steels, scarp, etc. are properly disposed according to client and statutory standards.
3. Ensure that, when used, industrial chemicals are handled by trained p&sorir3el and with standard approved equipment.
4. Ensure that before commencements of work in any system, which has potentials for environment pollution, a client permit-to-work, as well as statutory permits are obtained. Also, emergency resources shall be mobilized “on-stand-by” for containment in the event of pollution.
5. Investigate and report all operational incidents promptly according to client and statutory regulations.
6. Train personnel in environment related matters.
7. Encourage employee attitudes towards environmental conservation and discourage all acts capable of endangering our operations.
The Security of our personnel and plant shall remain a central concern in oar operations. This is regarded as an integral part of our overall Health and safety programme. To this endeavour policy shall be to:
1. Provide flail time security agents to man our work sites, offices and designated residential areas.
2. Ensure that each employee of the company is adequately identified by use of card systems.
3. Ensure that adequate protection and security lighting of operational areas.
4. Provide, in liaison with appropriate statutory agencies, adequate escorts for vehicles carrying valuables.
5. Discourage stealing amongst employees by proper incident investigation and control mechanisms.
6. Provide security alarm systems to alert personnel in cases of violent emergencies.
7. Check all forms of unauthorized movements in and around operational areas.
8. Discourage employees from participating in activities inimical to company community relations in our operational areas.
9. Organise in-house training programme for company security personnel to enhance performance.
10. Recognize excellence in security matters through periodic awards and discourage attitudes capable of jeopardizing our security efforts.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR COMPLETE HSE OPERATIONAL MANUAL